Backing young Australians
13 young Australians will embark on a six month exchange in Asia in early 2016 to advance their Asian expertise and netw...
Westpac recognised for its commitment to Higher Education
Studying technology today, shaping Australia tomorrow
- RT @techinasia: 14 Japanese tech titans that aren’t Sony or Nintendo https://t.co/Ucy8pSsTez https://t.co/EsdgjpxJ2Z
- RT @techinasia: China's DJI launches a crop dusting drone for farmers https://t.co/FQZR7rfQGe https://t.co/naNdnaCMtM
- Do you speak fluent 'technology'? This might be for you - The Westpac #YoungTechnologists. Eligible? Scholarship https://t.co/JGK0N3Qkzv
- RT @MVTeachers: Destabilising stereotypes re ASIA Discussions at #aai5 @immigration_mv today What is ASIA in relation to Aust ? https://t…
- Great advice for those with an interest in doing business with or understanding more about Asia! https://t.co/yWycfXxaza
$100 million Gift
The Westpac Scholarship Program is an initiative of the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation. The Foundation is celebrating Westpac's 200th anniversary in 2017 with a $100 million gift to future generations of Australians. With the sole aim of educating and advancing Australians, we'll ensure those with a passion to contribute to our nation's growth and prosperity have every chance to do so.
Scholarships to shape our future
We've centred our scholarships around three focus areas we believe are at the heart of Australia's future growth and prosperity, and central to our own focus as an organisation:
- Technology and innovation: digitisation is changing almost every element of everyday life. We want Australia to stay at the forefront of this revolution.
- Australia-Asia ties: Australia is uniquely positioned to share in the rapid rise of Asia, with our deep cultural, political and economic relationships. We want to strengthen these bonds.
- Positive social change: Social entrepreneurship is fast becoming a distinctive part of the nation's social, economic and political fabric. We want Australia to keep drawing strength from this phenomenon.
Financial support is just the beginning
Money can help launch a vision but it takes a network of inspired and inspiring people to sustain it. That's why every scholarship recipient across our five categories will be invited to join the Westpac Scholars Alumni program. Offering more than just membership of a network that will help your career, it's an incredible platform for surround yourself with a diverse group of other inspiring leaders. Growing by 100 scholars a year, this network of committed contributors will connect those with bold ideas to build a better future for all Australians.Find out more