I'm a passionate industrial engineer with over 10 years’ experience in the automotive industry as an engineer at Toyota. With extensive lean training in both Australia and Japan as an intra-company transferee, I have a strong passion for sharing my knowledge of global best practices. With 3 years’ experience in supplier development, I have had a hands on role coaching and supporting suppliers to implement TPS throughout the Australian supplier base. My creativity has been recognised through multiple global roll-outs, and have represented Toyota internationally to share my low-cost kaizen ideas. I have also become internationally renowned for my social contribution towards making prosthetics available to those who can’t afford them.
Skills & Expertise
- Whilst working at Toyota as an engineer, I specialised in lean manufacturing through the implementation of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to reduce waste and improve safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- I am proficient in 3D CAD design using Solidworks for both solid and surface modelling.
- I am experienced in additive manufacturing (3D printing) including FDM and DLP.
- I have worked as an interpreter/translator in Japanese, with a near-native level of proficiency.
- I am highly creative, with the ability to continuously improve and simplify complex systems and processes.
Becoming a scholar
Inspired by our Westpac Scholars? Read on to find out more about our scholarship programs:
Scholarship enquiries and updates
For scholarship enquiries email: email@example.com
To stay informed on all the latest scholarship activities visit news, or follow us on our dedicated social channels: